Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Films!

I don't have much time these days, you and me both. As always there's a lot to do and get done. However, I'd like to tell you about some great films I've seen lately.

The Artist- I LOVED this movie. This film didn't lack originality at all. The actors were adorable, the silence, black and white, and the time period were all very refreshing. You must watch it.

Somewhere- I really love Somewhere. Sofia Coppola is ridiculously awesome and talented. Some people hated the long scenes of just silence, but I really loved how that gave you a feeling of what it's like to live Johnny Marco's life-it really showed the haziness of what his life is like.

The Future- If you know me well you know how much I love Miranda July. She's definitely one of my role models. Her films are beautiful, and very unique, you won't see a talking cat or an animated tee shirt in one film by anyone else.

Beginners- This movie was absolutely lovely! Very entertaining and realistic. Because it's a true story, the film was definitely one of a kind. I just loved the way it was put together.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the film recommendations. As an avid film watcher, I'm always on the hunt for original stories told through the lens.

And I have to agree with you about The Artist. I saw it when it premiered at the Cannes Film Festival and it was by and large the audience favorite of the festival. Surprisingly entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Pff Clara you need to post more often, I always read your posts, I guess you are to busy with the cakes, but your last post was in January girl.